Monday 21 April 2008

Tangerine

Mike Woods from Tangerine , a multidisciplinary design company based in London , came to talk to us about his company and the secrets to a successful product design .He talked about understanding user aspirations and how it is important to do the right kind of research . Looking at what people want and the emotional qualities of a product . He also mentioned early prototyping to test the viability ie the costing ,looking for your own expert users to stimulate the design process therefore thinking about who your future market may be with or investigating a company who is doing something similar to see what the important trends are.He aslo stressed the importance of funtionality and branding .
When I spoke to him about my own work he suggested I think about the type of building that may hold my work , commercial or domestic and which rooms the might be in . All in all a very helpful experience given the stage I have reached in my work . To see more of Tangerine go to www.tangerine.net/

No comments: