Saturday 25 October 2008

Interesting links and thoughts on future work.

Having missed Simons lecture Sue and I were priviledged to have a re run on wednesday and afterwards I had a tutorial which led to the discovery of the following links and thoughts on the developments of my work .
Shona Quenby and Ed Forster are both ex UCF students now working for Liberty ,both address environmantel issues through their designs rather than the fabrics.Do I feel the need to incorporate other images/ text into my work that can highlight my environmental/ spiritual concerns?

Grayson Perry is collaborating with Libertys also to produce a range of fabrics . I once interviewd him for my dissertation during my degree and was fascinated by his work and his personal history , He again is using his imagery to appear benign but includes images that eare quite shocking at times . Looks like Liberty is on the change .

Paul Morrison does the most delightful large scale sculptures and paintings of plants with a dark side.

No comments: